Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How Much More Productive Could I Be?

Working with this person is seriously the worst day of my life. The person is supposed to be an expert at a topic that I know more about. I don't even know. This person wants to leave the hotel together, and keeps inviting me out for dinner, and to eat lunch together, and we're sharing a damn office. I want to scream.

This person noticed that I was growing impatient, and wondered if it was something they "had done." How do you tell someone that the reason that you are so irritated around them is that they are dumb as a box of rocks? I made up some stuff about my seasonal affective disorder, which is making me less outgoing. Then I got a talk about how great I am, and I should remind myself of this when I am sad.

.

.

.

My sadness is not going away because I remember that I am the sh*t - depression doesn't work like that. I know that I am awesome. I'm irritated because I have to slow myself down to work with some idiot, which just happens to be the person I'm talking to at that moment.

No comments: