Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Wish

I wish I could just be honest, with everyone. I'm not bad, I wish no ill on people, and there is nothing wrong with anything I have done. I barely have the will to kill the tiny ants in my bathroom right now. I wish I could tell them what I want to do, and how I want to contribute.

I wish everyone could calm down. I wish they could let go of their silly hangups. I wish everyone, like me, could focus on what is truly important. I wish they could find the truth, I wish they all could be smarter than me. I wish I was the dummy in the room, instead of the one who can see through it all. I wish people could resist the urge to drink that soda, or buy that stuff they saw on the commercial, or go to that bland chain restaurant.

I wish I could pull down this house of cards, redistribute the wealth, pay farmers, teachers, and careworkers what they really deserve. I wish that all the blowhards would just fade away, and let me work a 5 hour day, from home. I wish they would reduce their expectations - the computer can't read their mind.

I wish all the rich folk would move out of their over-sized mansions in the countryside and come back into the nice houses in my neighborhood. I wish we could all realize that nothing is ever like it used to be, that how it used to be isn't how it always was, and fighting change is a losing game.

I wish I wish I wish that I never had to watch 24-hour news channels again. I wish people in Texas would realize that they don't need to eat that much. I wish that the farmers on land that needs to be irrigated understood the path that they are on. I wish everyone knew as much as me.

I wish that wishes came true, I wish the genie wasn't just a myth. I wish I may, I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight.

No comments: